We Be HostiN Forums
Free 24/7 Support Free 24/7 Support
Search:

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 10:19:37 am

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Texas] Server Offline  (Read 3767 times)
earnolmartin
Administrator

Thank You
-Given: 0
-Receive: 0

View Profile Email
« on: January 01, 2013, 05:54:26 pm »

To All Customers on the Houston, Texas Server:

Unfortunately, last night's reboot did not go as smoothly as planned.  I have learned not to perform maintenance during or before the holidays, as I'm unable to secure help from our ISP's data center technicians to look at what is going on with our server.  I was told they would help me if I were to pay $150 per hour (since today is a holiday and no one is working).  However, I would not be able to continue serving customers after being charged such a fee.  As such, I am waiting for tomorrow and will call the technicians for support.  So, you might be asking, what happened to the server?  The server is currently offline.  There is nothing I can do.  I have tried all options to access the server (yes my holiday is also starting out with a bang and I understand your frustration), none of which have worked.  I do not live in Houston Texas, so I am unable to physically go out and check the machine to discover the problem.  Someone will have to take a look to see what's going on.  This will be done first thing tomorrow, and I'm guessing and hoping it should not be very difficult to fix.  What changes were made?  I added additional IP addresses to the server so that I could handle additional capacity.  I am working in the best interests of each and every client to get this resolved as quickly as possible.  I'm a bit surprised our ISP does not have someone on site 24/7 including holidays.  This seems standard practice at larger data centers.

Again, this only affects the Houston Texas server.

~
We Be HostiN Admin
Dedicated Game Servers Available
Dallas TX - Chicago IL - Kansas City MO - Sofia Bulgaria - Las Vegas NV - Wilkes-Barre PA
http://www.webehostin.com
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: